Welcome to Valley Shakespeare Festival!
A NOTE FROM THE ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
Valley Shakespeare Festival has so much to be thankful for in this past year: the weather for our 3 performances of Much Ado About Nothing, partnerships with Shelton History Center, YEP and various restaurants, the support from the Valley Community Foundation...and also YOU, our supporters!
Without the help of the community, Valley Shakespeare Festival could not exist. Without your help we could not tell our stories, or have "princes to act/And monarchs to behold the swelling scene!" (Henry V, Prolouge).
VSF is extremely excited to unfold our 2015 season in the next few weeks which will include another installment of our infamous Shakespeare in the Bar Series, a production in the park that is sure to be a "dream" for your midsummer (wink, wink) and the pilot program for our Education Initiative which will bring 350 fourth graders their first introduction to Shakespeare, and for some, their first ever live performance!
On this #GivingTuesday I am writing to ask for your help and invite you to become a part of our great mission to provide free accessible theatre to hundreds. When donating, here is what you are helping to accomplish:
- Ensure that Free, Accessible Theatre comes to Veteran's Memorial Park every summer.
- The purchase of costumes, props and set pieces which help to take audiences into the world of the play.
- Provide free theatre to over 600 other community members.
- Time and space for our artists (from Broadway, television and film) to bring these works to life, and teach other aspiring artists in the community as well.
- Provide youth with their first encounter with the Bard and Live Theatre!
And most of all it helps to keep us providing these classics to you in a lively, accessible, educational and entertaining way.
- Remember every little bit helps wether $10, $100 or $1000--it allgoes a very long way.
For those of you who have donated and supported us in the past, Thank You very much for your time and talent!
We look forward to seeing you all at our free production of A Christmas Carol on Thursday, December 4th and Saturday, December 6th, reservations for the performance and tax-deductible donations can be made HERE.
Tax Deductible Donations can be made through our Fiscal Sponsor Fractured Atlas, or if you would prefer a check please make those payable to Fractured Atlas and send to our mailing address 6 Hayfield Drive Shelton, CT 06484.
Thank you in advance for your continued support and generosity.
Founder, Artistic and Exectuive Director